Friday, May 11, 2018

Next Chapter

As we begin this next chapter, I mustn't forget my previous voyage that got me here today. The jaw dropping shock when faced with the realities of power and privilege. The obsession with "saving the world", only to be replaced by realistic yet concentrated efforts and endeavors. And of course ENST jargon that repeatedly flipped my world upside down. But all of these encounters filled my toolbox with powerful lenses, skills and passions that will empower me as I write my next chapters.

As I look forward into this next chapter, I remind myself of how I want my metaphorical book to be written. By the time my last chapter is finished and my book is closed, what sort of book will I have written? One day, I will join my family and finally truly become one with this earth. All that will remain is the legacy that I leave behind. I don't need to be in a history book for validation of my legacy, no, I don't need that sentimental shit. Instead, all I want is to pass knowing full well that I made decisions and efforts that left a positive impact on this earth and it's people. I want my metaphorical book to be impactful, empowering, and leave behind tangible impacts that bettered someone or somethings life.

I believe that I am up to the task, but as I turn the page and begin this new chapter, I must remind myself of the values that empower me to make these impacts. I must tend to the peoples environmental struggles with opened, modest, and curious senses. I must harness the tools I have gained to contribute to the momentum of justice and peace here, and everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment