Friday, May 11, 2018

I read through a few sections of the book The Impossible Will Take a Little While, a book that is composed of many brilliant authors. As I was reading I stumbled upon a few excerpts that resonated with me. I pieced together a common theme in the different essays of, owning up to the power we each hold and staying resilient to obstacles that life throws our way. Resilience is the key in playing the role as an individual social change agent. Along your journey you may face many self inflicted obstacles such as fear of not doing enough, feelings of being overwhelmed and thoughts of frustration will sink in time in time again. This idea of powerlessness is brought up in Danusha Veronica’s essay, “Political Paralysis”. She reiterates that I am strong as an individual and possess the power to make changes that will grow and generate even more momentum when collective individuals with no power all come together. Veronica claims, “The problem is not that we have so little power. The problem is that we don’t use the power that we have”. I couldn’t agree more I personally feel that change starts with the individual pursuing their passion, I for one am still finding what that passion is, but having that passion is what brings out the drive in an individual giving them power. Power comes within one's own self determination but, when many individuals come together change can be met by resilience. Resilience can and will shift the balance from no power to power. I to sum it all up, I believe staying true to oneself is the most power conducive thing one can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment