Thursday, February 1, 2018

The impact I hope to make through my Capstone is a stronger mindset of leadership and motivation to move a community to act on supporting the environment around them. I want to be able to be more confident with my speaking skills because I want to be able to get my point across with clarity and passion. The Capstone will give me the tools to persuade people to care more about their local debates pertaining to the local wildlife and nature around them.

"Ralph Waldo Emerson once asked what we would do if the stars only came out once every thousand years. No one would sleep that night, of course. The world would create new religions overnight. We would be ecstatic, delirious, made rapturous by the glory of God. Instead, the stars come out every night and we watch television"(Hawken).


This quote relates to the crisis many people know there are all these trails they are allowed to walk on. What would happen if it was every 20 years they could walk on that path and it would only be a selective few earned the opportunity to walk on that trail? Many of us would be putting so much money down and interest in making sure we could see the amazing protected area that doesn't get touched by humans for 20years. The protection of our environments is crucial but many of us take trials and parks for granted that they are open almost all year. The capstone of mine gives me the opportunity to communicate with the public of a couple trials that are needing protection and work. The public needs to fund the organization I will be volunteering at to make the area they love hiking and walking on protected as well as more accessible. I feel my Capstone will have a huge impact on my opportunity in future jobs and my own confidence in myself to handle more adult situations that may arise during the time I am working on my Capstone

No comments:

Post a Comment