Friday, March 9, 2018

I am Standing here on unpolluted land and breathing clean air!

I am Standing here on unpolluted land and breathing clean air!

To me, I am lucky and grateful for the stars to have aligned the way they did for me. Being an orphan from another country landing in the arms of amazing parents here in the U.S.A. Living in not such a polluted area for all my life and moving to another part of the nation that's not polluted been a blessing. I am not truly affected by the pollution, exploitation, greenhouse gas emissions like others. I hear a lot on the news and through my classes. The reasons for what, why, and how can we deal with these environmental problems that are plaguing our world. I am not proud of my thoughts and own beliefs because it is easy to ignore some of the large problems our current world faces. I only am being remembered by the media and the classes I attend about the world’s problems. The comfort of my apartment, social media, my iPhone, the foods I buy myself, and other objects that have no important or special meaning in my life. It is easy for us to ignore the world's problems and let the so-called scientific professionals handle the circumstances of our planet’s health, the economy, and much more. It is easy to put a veil in front of our eyes to blind the catastrophes that are happening around us.

James Orbesen's passage, "But I'll Still Be Here," caught my attention because I am young and I have so many years on this earth. All the destruction of the planet and I am part of it is heart-wrenching. The main problem is getting people to overcome their fear of failing and just believe in the cause that is trying to make the world a healthier place to live in. The difficulty for us as a society to know our wildlife, and the places we live are in critical danger and we need to change our lifestyle rapidly to survive for millennia to come. Our society is sadly so focused on having more than the next person beside them and very ignorant on matters that pertain to the health of the ecosystem around them. What will spark the revolution for change that would actually stick to our society's interests? The culture we live has to change and it’s sad to know many people in our society just don’t care.

No comments:

Post a Comment