Tuesday, March 13, 2018

The Power Of Virtue

Within the past year of my life I have really become focused on being the best person I can possibly be. This has been inspired by a number of people that I have adopted as role models in my life. I have talked about some of these people before so I won't go into it now, but some of the readings this week really highlighted this theme again for me.

Danusha Goska really highlighted the fact that our value as humans does not necessarily come from the work we do in the world, we are not meant to change the world in 30 days. However, the work that we do does represent the lives we live and the people we are. We are all individual agents of change, and that change can either happen on the large scale or the small scale. Sharing some food, some kind words and a laugh with your neighbor who could really use those things is equally, if not more valuable than donating $500 to an anonymous charity you have no connection too. Virtue comes from the heart and should be expressed genuinely. This is without qualifications, without restrictions, and without expectations. Live and act in the world as the best person you can be and you will see the world change around you, and that is all we can hope and strive for in these turbulent times of change.

1 comment: