Sunday, March 11, 2018

Hounds of Foggy Knotion

The hounds of foggy knowtion crept up on me this past week or three, i lost count of time. They kept babbling and rambling about some shit that I didn't really care to hear. Told me, told me, told me;

This weeks readings were reminders of the underlying theme packaged within capstone--affect. With stories talking about the power we each hold, to the need for shenanigans via wielding a large dildo like He-man.

I can picture it now...a hospital with sad folks all around, gazing in wonderment and disbelief at chocolate thunder's vibrating field. Who says chocolate isn't therapy?

Thunder, hoooo!





How do I envision affect? Is it through research that may aid activists, lawyers, or citizens in precedent setting (giving affirmation of what they’re working towards), working with building--community gardens, “green” structures via appropriate technology-- or am I looking to work with some group dealing in artivist methods? Whatever it is, I’m not sure I should be too worried over not figuring out exactly what that is, yet. I thought I found what my niche is, but I'm finding the passion for it slowly dissipating--transmuting into something I can't quite identify.

So, I'm back to square one-ish, right? Because I followed something, failed, didn't realize my full potential, so I have no joy (Spinoza). Mmmhh..I'm slowly realizing, and remembering from readings like Militant Joy and conversations with folks, that failure is the sign towards succession; non-stagnation due to fear; uncertainties from stepping out of the comfort zone; grumbling like a bear after hibernation because I can't illustrate as good as they do, because I can't think and organize like they do, because I'm not as sociable or knowledgeable as they are.

Danusha Goska phrases this another way, putting forth that "[t]he problem is not that we have so little power. The problem is that we don't use the power that we have. Why do we deny that power? Why do we not honor what we can do?" (62). My conclusion is our fear to fail. But who am I to speak for others? In relation to me, I smell the stagnant air, and I know there needs to be some shaking. If not, I would be living "half dead" (225) as Victoria Safford proclaims about this daring to do. Fucking up the quotation sandwiches, because I think too much gluten can be a problem, the work I'm aiming to do doesn't need to be planned each step; if "we look closely at jazz, or the blues...it responds to an improvisational, undogmatic, creative way to circumstances, helping people still survive and thrive" (West 344).

1 comment:

  1. hilarious post on multiple fronts, including thunder and gluten. thanks for the whimsy, as always. Love this quote: Why do we not honor what we can do?

    ReplyDelete